15 July 2010

Healthy Beauty


I had my first mammogram this week.  Much better than I'd expected!  I turned 41 this year and it was time - especially since I have a history of breast cancer in my family - but I'd been avoiding it because other women's tales of pain freaked me out.

It was a piece of cake!  I have implants, so I was nervous about that - but it was no problem.  The technician told me that they really are no big deal if the woman hasn't had previous problems with the implant.  So the technician had to do one set of images with the implant in place and a second set with the implant sort of pushed back so she could get more of my natural breast.

The image above is fairly accurate (And no, that's not me! I'd never seen a real mammogram before, though, so thought a photo was a good idea!)  It's pretty straightforward but handled so professionally and done relatively quickly.

Overall, it wasn't comfortable, but it wasn't terrible.  Compared to botox, laser treatments, chemical peels, bikini waxing or other pain I've suffered in the name of beauty, this was nothing!

I'll get the results in a few days, but it was 30 minutes well spent.  An important thing to do to ensure I'm around to be here for my beautiful kids!!

xx
Coni

No comments:

Post a Comment