02 July 2010

Little White Dresses

It's wedding season, Wimbledon and there's nothing fresher than a white dress! I recently took an inventory of my closet and was surprised to find I have almost as many LWD's as I do LBD's. My favorite is a classic Dolce & Gabanna I bought about 4 years ago that still looks perfect in just about any setting. Here I am wearing it on a trip to Turks & Caicos - simple and cool!

A quick search of current store inventories show there are varieties of LWD's to be had at all pricepoints and for all body shapes. It's a lovely alternative that is still sophisticated and elegant for an evening out, shopping, or barbecue. If you dare to bare, go with strappy or strapless. There's also a great version with flowy sleeves at Neiman's that I really love!



The key to the LWD is accessorizing. Nude shoes as high as you dare make the leg longer and give a sophistication or a metallic sandal is always a safe bet. Try adding a pop of color - a single bright accessory like a handbag, belt or shoe in a dazzling fuschia, blue or yellow!

Black and white is always a striking combination. If you do go with a black shoe, make certain to add a balancing accessory - like a black belt or jacket - to avoid the 'thunk' effect when the eye travels down the leg to the dark shoe! (Or, make sure it's a thin and light strappy sandal to offset the darker color.) This photo shows great styling that takes the LWD from summer to fall - so make the most of your investment!!




Enjoy!

xx
Coni

No comments:

Post a Comment